Our Mission is to promote health and individual responsibility, support informed decision making, and improve communication between healthcare consumers and providers by providing a wide range of health, wellness medical information.
- is a public library serving community members and healthcare providers, free of charge.
- offers 5000 resources including books for adults and children, journals, CDs & DVDs in English and Spanish – all available for free loan. Topics include: nutrition, mental health, fitness, dementia, pregnancy, caregiving, aging, children’s health, and complementary therapies.
- shares an online catalog with El Dorado County Library: www.eldoradolibrary.org.
- conducts literature searches for community members, medical center employees, and physicians.
- provides three computers with privacy screens and free internet access to reliable health information. Staff is available at all times to assist.
- provides free access to the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, Professional Version. Data includes levels of effectiveness, interactions, and links to relevant studies in PubMed.
- serves as a referral point for health related support groups and community resources.
- is a member of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NLM). Benefits include fast and free access to full-text medical journal articles for healthcare providers.
3581 Palmer Drive, Suite 101
Phone: (530) 626-2778
Monday – Thursday:
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Library hours are subject to change due to meetings and events–please feel free to phone us to confirm open hours on the day of your visit.)
Materials available in the Community Health Library do not imply approval or recommendation by the library or Marshall Medical Center.