WEIGHT LOSS IS LIFE CHANGING AND WORTH THE EFFORT.
Let us help you take the steps toward health and wellbeing.
Obesity is a disease that can be treated through medical interventions. Marshall Medical Center offers both medical weight loss and bariatric surgery, complemented by expert nutrition advice and behavioral health counseling to maximize results and long term success.
MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM
The goal of medical weight loss is to lose five to 10% of total body weight. Scientific evidence shows that even this small amount of weight loss adds up to dramatic improvement in obesity related conditions as well as overall health. Some of the benefits you’ll see include:
- Cholesterol – a five point increase in HDL, or “good” cholesterol, lowering the risk of heart disease.
- Hypertension – a lowering of blood pressure, both systolic and diastolic, by about 5mmHg on average
- Diabetes – a decrease in A1C by about half a point, the same improvement as many anti-diabetic medications
- Insulin Resistance – significantly less insulin in the blood
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea – reduction in pauses and gaps in breathing during sleep, helping oxygenation
- Inflammation – fat cells, especially abdominal fat cells, produce a large number of substances that result in inflammation. Modest weight loss helps reduce this inflammation.
- Arthritis – help decrease pressure and inflammation of joints.
CONSIDERING A MEDICAL OR BARIATRIC WEIGHT LOSS PROCEDURE?
If you are significantly overweight and you’re ready to make a change, please call one of the offices below for more information:
Medical Weight Loss & Bariatric Surgery Program
Providers may fax referrals to 530-672-7017.
Insurance coverage is dependent on your individual plan and benefits. Please contact your health insurance provider about your coverage.
Click here or call 530-626-2990 to register for a free Weight Loss and Bariatric Surgery Seminar